Dr. Cameron: I was the first person (House) ran into. He just asked me.
我是他碰到的第一个人,所以他约了我.
Dr. Chase: Yeah, like a date.
对,就象是个约会
Dr. Cameron: Exactly. Except for the “date” part.
没错,除了约会那一部分
House: But I had three reasons.
我有三个理由
Dr. Cuddy: Good ones?
够合理吗?
House: Well, lets see in a minute - I'm just making them up now.
恩,等一会,我正在编呢.
BLAH BLAH BLAH.....(CUDDY没买帐)
House: Which brings me to my fourth reason.
我还有第四个理由.
Dr. Cuddy: I thought you said there were only three?
你说过只有三个理由
House: I thought you'd buy one of them.
我以为你会相信其中的一个
Lola: You have a big "keep out' sign stapled on your forehead.
你满脸的不乐意,就差在你头上贴块"别理我"的牌子了.
House: That explains it. I told them to put it on my door.
没错,我早就告诉他们把牌子挂在门口了
House: Fine. I'll ask one of my other friends.(邀WILSON去看赛车被拒)
Dr. Wilson: Huh.
House: What? Are you saying I've only got one friend.
Dr. Wilson: Who?
House: Kevin. In Bookkeeping.
Dr. Wilson: Okay, well first of all, his name is Carl.
House: I call him Kevin. It's his secret friendship club name.
Dr. Cameron: You know, parents are never as bad as their kids think.
Dr. Chase: You like him so much, ask him out.
Dr. Wilson: How do you know she needs a heart transplant?
你怎么知道她需要心脏移植?
House: I got my aura read today. It said someone close to me had a broken heart.
我看了占卜书,上面说今天有个人会心碎.
Dr. Wilson: You lied, didn't you?
House: I never lie.
Dr. Wilson: Big mistake.
House: But I have a theory. There is one chemical that, if ingested, it causes a person's estrogen level to increase dramatically.
我有个理论,有一种药品被服用后会导致病人体内的雌激素水平大幅上升.
Bill: What is it?
那是什么?
House: It's called...estrogen.
雌激素
Dr. Cameron: I don't have the right to show interest in someone?
难道我没有对某人感兴趣的权利吗?
Dr. Forman: You absolutely do. And I absolutely have the right to humiliate you for it.
你当然有,而我也当然有对此取乐的权利.
House: Men are pigs - you have nothing to worry about. They will pretty much have sex with anyone - young, old, heavy, thin, complete strangers, relatives.
Dr. Forman: Ten-year olds do not have heart attacks. It's got to be a mistake.
10岁的孩子不会得心脏病,肯定有什么地方错了
House: Right. The simplest explanation is she's a 40-year old lying about her age. Maybe an actress trying to hang on.
没错,最简单的答案就是她谎报了年纪,她其实已经四十岁了.也许她是个女演员.
House: You were pregnant. Based on your hormone levels, you had a miscarriage.
你怀孕了,从你的激素水平看,你刚刚自然流产了.
Sarah: I haven’t even been on a date.
我没有和人约会过.
House: Right, since it’s physically impossible to have sex without someone buying you dinner.
好吧,显然没人请你吃饭的话你是无法和人做爱的.
Sarah: I haven’t had sex since I split up with my husband.That was almost a year ago.(某女被查出怀孕了)
自从我和丈夫分手后就没做过爱了,那都快有一年了.
House: Fine, have it your way. Immaculate conception.
好吧,你是第二个圣母玛利亚
Sarah: Um, what do I do?
我该怎么做?
House: Well, it’s obvious. Start a religion
恩,很显然,你该开创个宗教.
House: Someday there will be a black president. Someday there will be a gay president. Maybe there'll even be a gay black president. But one combination I do not see is gay, black, and dead.
有一天我们会有一位黑人总统,有一天我们会有一位同性恋总统,也许有一天我们会有一位黑人同性恋总统,但是肯定不会有个既是同性恋,又是黑人,还是死人的总统.
House: You're not going to be President either way - they don't call it the White House because of the paint job
你无论如何都成不了总统的(对黑人参议员说),白宫之所以叫白宫可不是因为它是给漆成白色的.
House: Take these, go home, talk to your daughter.
吃了这药,回家和你女儿谈谈
Female Patient: What?
为什么?
House: Your pants, your blouse, your scarf are all freshly dry cleaned. Everything except your jacket, it’s got a smudge on it. Probably two days old. Which means you didn’t know the jacket had been worn. So either your husband is a crossdresser or your daughter has been borrowing your clothes without telling you. Probably wants to look older to get into bars.
你的裤子,衬衫,围巾都是刚刚干洗过的,只有你的外套上面有块污迹,也许有两天了.这说明你没发现它被人穿过,所以要么是你丈夫有变装癖,要么就是你女儿偷偷穿了你衣服出去,好装扮得成熟点去混进酒吧.
Female Patient: I don’t have a daughter.
我没有女儿(可怜的人,让我想起了CHANDLER的老爸)
House: We're missing something.
Dr. Chase: What?
House: If I knew that it wouldn't be missing.
House: You Jewish?
你是犹太人?
Dr. Gilmar: Yeah.
House: Is it true what they say about Jewish foreplay?
那他们说的犹太人的前戏是真的吗?
Dr. Gilmar: Two hours of begging?
你是说两个小时的前戏吗?
House: I heard four.
我听说是四个小时
Dr. Gilmar: Well actually I'm only half-Jewish.
其实我只有一半的犹太血统.
House: Chase. Did you know about this woman? What she does?
Dr. Chase: I met her at some parties, yeah.(CHASE认出一个来探视的女人是SM女王)
House: I wouldn’t have tortured you if I knew you liked it.
House: I have been on a date...
Dr. Wilson: Not since disco died.
House: (about a lecture) I'm not doing it. (leaves, then stops) You're supposed to stop me. Renegotiate.
我不会去的. 你应该叫住我,重新谈条件的.
Dr. Cuddy: Hmm, and you were supposed to keep on walking. Sorry, I guess we both screwed up. Go on, do it again.
恩,你应该继续向前走不回头的,看来我两都搞砸了,再来一遍吧.
House: (walking away from the class) Can you still hear me?
Rebellious Student: No.
Caring Student: A little.
Keen Student: Not really.
House: If you can't hear me, how do you know what I asked?
Dr. Cameron: (to House) I thought you were too screwed up to love anyone. I was wrong. You just couldn't love me.
Dr. Cameron: What happened to everyone lies?
House: I was lying.
Dr. Cameron: Who (thinks he's sick)?
House: His wife.
Dr. Cameron: The woman you used to live with.
House: That's her Indian name. On her driver's license it's "Stacy."
Stacy: I met Mark at a fundraiser that happened to be held at a...
House: You met me at a strip club.
Stacy: You were the worst two dollars I ever spent.
Dr. Chase: I don't agree with the death penalty in principle. In practice, however, I'd rather watch a murderer die than really annoy my boss.
原则上我不赞同死刑,不过现实中,我宁可看着谋杀犯被行刑也不愿去惹恼我的老板(HOUSE)
Dr. Cameron: Black defendants are ten times more likely to get a death sentence then white.
黑人罪犯被判死刑的比率是白人的十倍.
Dr. Foreman: Doesn’t mean we need to get rid of the death penalty – we just need to kill more white people.
那不意味着我们需要禁止死刑-我们只要杀掉更多的白人就行了.
Dr. Chase: If she's never kissed a boy, it's a fair bet she's never had sex.
如果她从来没有接过吻,那她就应该没有做过爱
House: Tell that to all the hookers who won't kiss me on the mouth.
和那些不愿和我接吻的妓女说这话吧.
Dr. Chase: She's had one hallucination. Why are we operating on her? Why are we risking her life?
她只是有幻觉症状,为什么我们冒生命的危险要给她动手术
House: Because Wilson thinks it would be nice to give the girl a year to say goodbye to her mommy. I guess maybe she stutters or something.
因为WILSON希望能多给她一年时间,好让她和她母亲说再见,我估计她有口吃的毛病.
House: I should have been out of here 20 minutes ago.
Nurse Brenda: You got here 20 minutes ago.
Dr. Cameron: He asked me out.
Dr. Chase: I’m shocked. I’m shocked when patients don’t ask you out.
Dr. Cameron: He also asked me to come to Africa.
Dr. Chase: Boy, he moves fast
Dr. Cuddy: Wow. Is there nobody you admire?
House: Well, there was this girl I met in ‘Nam who could blow out a candle without using her...
Dr. Foreman: You have no evidence to support a poisoning diagnosis.
House: Which is why it's going to be so cool when I turn out to be right.
Dr. Cameron: Why would you need $5,000?
Dr. Chase: Bad night at poker or great night with a hooker.
House: Thank you for saving me the trouble of deflecting that personal question with a joke.
House: When I said I’d do anything for the money, I obviously didn’t mean it.
Dr. Wilson: If you have the money then why did you need the loan?
如果你有钱的话为什么还要向我借?
House: I didn’t. I just wanted to see if you’d give it to me. I’ve been borrowing increasing amounts ever since you lent me $40 a year ago. Ummm, a little experiment to see where you’d draw the line.
我就想看看你会不会借给我,自从一年前我找你借过40元后,我每次都增加借钱的数量,就想实验一下你的底线在哪里?
Dr. Wilson: You’re…you’re trying to objectively measure how much I value our friendship.
你用钱来衡量我们的友谊?
House: It’s five grand – you got nothing to be ashamed of.
5千块啊,你没什么好羞耻的.
Dr. Wilson: Now, be a grown-up and either tell Mommy and Daddy you don’t want to see them, or I’m picking you up at seven for dinner.
你要么成熟点自己去告诉你爸妈你不想见他们,要么我就7点来接你吃晚饭.
House: What do you mean? You just said…?
Dr. Wilson: I lied. I’ve been lying to you in increasing amounts ever since I told you you looked good unshaved a year ago. It’s a little experiment, you know, to see where you’d draw the line.
我撒谎了,自从一年前我告诉你不刮胡子也很帅以后我也在逐渐增加对你说谎的程度,就想实验一下你的底线在哪里.(呵呵,WILSON最精彩的绝地大反击)
House: How’s your recovery going? Got around to the small muscles yet?
Mark Warner: It’s not the size of the muscle – it’s where you get to put it.(成人级笑话,看不懂的也别去问了)
Stacy: My goodness, it’s like watching Oscar Wilde and Noel Coward in the third grade.
Stacy: You have been hiding things and lying to me all day.
House: I didn’t lie to you about anything…except the things I admitted to you I was lying about.
Dr. Wilson: Do you know your phone’s dead? Do you ever recharge your batteries?
House: They recharge? I just buy new phones.
Dr. Cameron: Maybe House is wrong.
House: (pause) I hope that’s not the end of the thought.
Dr. Cuddy: Tell me, if it is your aim to sell me the same crazy ideas that House does, how are you an improvement on House?
Dr. Foreman: I brought you a coffee!
Wilson: What the hell happened in Baltimore?
House: Sorry, chief - I never kiss and tell.
Wilson: I think you just did.
Dr. Foreman: It’s the perfect marriage – there’s nothing to fight about if you never talk about anything.